Friday, August 21, 2009

Article on Modern Drummer Brazil - June 2009

The Modern Drummer Magazine - Brazilian Edition interviewed me for their June 2009 edition. It was amazing to be featured along great other drummers/musicians, including one of the most important Brazilian musicians ever, the incredible Rubinho Barsotti, from the Zimbo Trio. Rubinho was and still is, a huge inspiration for myself, and pretty much everybody else!
Here is the cover, and following is my interview, if you can read portuguese and/or are curious to check it out.
A big thank you goes to all my friends at MD Brazil, most importantly Vlad Rocha, Christiano Rocha and Dudu Portes. Thanks for the support guys!







I am a drummer - percussionist - composer - artist based in New York City, NY. Please visit my website: http://www.mzdrums.com