Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Newport Jazz Festival

Last saturday, August 8th, I played at the 55th edition of the Newport Jazz Festival with Hiromi. It was a total blast! Getting there was another story though.... Traffic was crazy, and it took us a lot more than we had planned..... but we made it there safe and sound, and on time for the show! While we were getting settled, we heard the amazing Branford Marsalis quartet perform. And I got a chance to meet two of my idols, Christian McBride and Brian Blade! Below are some photos of the show. Also, our set was broadcasted live by WBGO, and it can be heard at the NPR (National Public Radio) address below:
www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11165698





I am a drummer - percussionist - composer - artist based in New York City, NY. Please visit my website: http://www.mzdrums.com