Friday, May 9, 2014

Prasanna and the Indian Classical Saints - NYC may 3 & 4th 2014

This past weekend (may 3 & 4) I played again with a dear friend, and somebody I know for many years, the guitarist/composer Prasanna. I also took lessons from him, and did several performances and recordings over the years. So it was very exciting to be on stage with him again, this time in NYC at Iridium.
The band was really fun, its always great to play with such talented musicians!!
Nitin Mitta on tabla
Matt Geraghty on bass
Shalini on vocals
Prasanna on guitar
and,
myself on drums.
 *** our friend Thomaz de Castro guested on percussion on sunday may 4th.



we got to play some of Prasanna's compositions, and cover tunes done in a very original way.  Stay tuned for more dates with the is group!


Nitin Mitta, Prasanna, Matt Geraghty, Shalini and MZ
with the fantastic Nitin Mitta


the band after the shows





I am a drummer - percussionist - composer - artist based in New York City, NY. Please visit my website: http://www.mzdrums.com