Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cool shows

I have been meaning to mention these 2 shows here for a bit.... on Oct 21st I had the pleasure to play a concert with brazilian singer Kenia and the legendary Ivan Lins, in Pittsburgh, PA. It was a very special night... a big honor for me, and we all had a great time! 
backstage before the show

In early September I played a concert with the fantastic Locke/Keezer group, which is one of my favorite bands! Featuring Joe Locke – vibes; Geoff Keezer- piano,keys; Mike Pope – bass. The legendary pianist Mr. Mulgrew Miller graced us all with his presence at the show, what a treat! 

from L to R: Mike Pope, Mulgrew Miller, Geoff Keezer, Joe Locke and MZ

I am a drummer - percussionist - composer - artist based in New York City, NY. Please visit my website: http://www.mzdrums.com