Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tour w/ Carmen Souza - New Record

Hi folks!
I hope everybody is doing well these days!

I write this note from London, UK, where we are finishing the rehearsals with the Carmen Souza 4et for the upcoming tour, which also celebrates the CD Release of Carmen's new album, "Kachupada" - on which I had the pleasure to play drums and percussion.

"Cachupa" is a traditional dish from Cape Verde, and mixes a lot of ingredients... and the result is something completely amazing! In many ways, Carmen's music is a mix of many different things too... So check out the video below to see what the new record is all about!


I am going to be performing with the group on all the dates below, and I look forward to seeing some of you out there!

10/2  -  KARLSRUHE - Germany
10/4  - PUCHEIM, Germany
10/5  - NURNBERG, Germany
10/6  - FULDA, Germany
10/9  - BONN, Germany
10/10  - ESSEN, Germany
10/11  - KIEL, Germany
10/12  - HALLE, Germany
10/13  - HANNOVER, Germany
10/14  - KASSEL, Germany
10/17  - REGENSBURG, Germany
10/19  - ALES, France
10/20  - New Morning, PARIS, France
10/22  - BAKU, Azerbaijan
10/23  - TOUCOING JAZZ FESTIVAL, France

Carmen's record "Kachupada" can be found on iTunes. 



I am a drummer - percussionist - composer - artist based in New York City, NY. Please visit my website: http://www.mzdrums.com