Friday, July 23, 2010

A day at the park

hello friends!
I just returned from a very nice trip to Brazil. Some great playing experiences, I will post some photos soon.
In the meantime, I want to share with you all this amazing artwork by artist Parker Gambino.
On July 16th I was playing a concert with the great harmonica player and composer Hendrik Meurkens at Pierson Park, in Tarrytown, NY, and Parker was hard at work during the show. As soon as we were done, he approached me with this, and needless to say, I was very impressed!



For those interested in the process, here it is in his own words -
"I create the images as my subjects are performing; when the performance ends, I am ready to close the book (except for getting autographs). Beyond annotating the event, ex post facto alterations are rare and minor, and I do not refer to photographs. Later I scan the images to prepare the JPEGs (sometimes with minimal photoshop cleanup)."

Parker is an incredibly talented guy and he does a lot of things, please check him out and support the art!
click here for Parker's website
I am a drummer - percussionist - composer - artist based in New York City, NY. Please visit my website: http://www.mzdrums.com